August 8, 2008

One chance, and one chance only...

So, if you had the opportunity to ask Jason Jones one question, and one question only, what would it be?

Now, first, off, no one at Bungie has ever made this kind of an offer, least of all Jason, and especially not to me. To Mig perhaps, but he's so cagey that you never can tell what he's up to.

Anyway, assume you get to ask one question - no follow-ups or multiple questions in one sentence - and that it will be answered. What would it be?

People who blow their wad on stuff like, "Boxers or briefs?" will be first into the slingshot when the time comes (yes, I'm looking RIGHT AT YOU, Psyrixx).

Posted by mnemesis at August 8, 2008 9:00 PM | TrackBack
Comments

I would ask Jason Jones: What do you personally believe regarding the carpenter from Nazareth's claims? The one called Jesus by so many?

If anyone thinks that this is a stupid question to ask, then I respect their right to an opinion, but I still desire to know.

Posted by: Angel on August 13, 2008 6:42 AM

Can I ask more than one...? Please? ;)

What is the story behind 'Bungie'?
What is the meaning of Halo? (The theme/story that drives it)
Why are so reclusive?

Posted by: Skibur on September 14, 2008 11:25 AM

I would ask why the name Bungie was chosen and why it is spelled with an 'i'.
I definitely do not want to know about the obsession with 7. It would ruin it I think.

Posted by: Monochron on March 20, 2009 3:52 AM

I would ask him can i have some ReCoNz

Posted by: Josh on April 19, 2009 11:02 PM

It'd depend on when the opportunity happened and how much time I had to think, but assuming no semantic tricks allowed, I might ask: When are you going to start serious work on the next Marathon project?

Posted by: Andrew Nagy on September 16, 2009 8:21 AM

On the other hand, possibly: given the contradictions between M2's final screen and Marathon Infinity, what do you consider to be the canonical sequence of events?

Posted by: Andrew Nagy on November 15, 2009 4:44 AM

Or, if asked today: Noting that Bungie's games portray artificial intelligence in ways ranging from glorified computer hackers (Cortana) to potential gods (Durandal) to destroyers of civilizations (the Flood), what's your position on the Singularity Institute and their mission of preventing possible AI disasters by advocating caution in AI research in the short term and investigating ways to develop provably human-friendly AI in the long term?

Posted by: Andrew Nagy on January 16, 2011 8:50 AM