May 13, 2003

Halo 2 Demo

Just got back from the Microsoft Press Briefing, and I thought I might drop by and tell you a little about what I saw. ;-)

I'll skip the non-Halo 2 stuff and cut to the chase. The Halo 2 demo was the definite high point of the evening, as evidenced by the tremendous reaction when Ed Fries brought out Joe Staten to do the demo.

It opens with the MC and a bunch of Marines in a pelican, cruising over a city on Earth. First off, the Pelican is almost the same as the one we know so well. Almost, in that, instead of one pilot seat in an closed cockpit, there are two seats up front, and the cockpit area seems to be accessible from the main cabin area. Another thing noticeable here is that the some of the marines have been upgraded. A few were wearing almost-but-not-quite MJOLNIR armor with helmets. The graphics, of course, are beautiful. The depth-of-field effect, first displayed in the initial trailer, was used periodically. It really does an excellent job of moving your eye to the action, while providing a level of detail that would otherwise be confusing.

The drop ship lands (with real landing gear this time), and the live part of the demo begins. The MC is lead, in much the same way as in the Pillar of Autumn level (but this time with a weapon: the AR), through a first aid area and up to the front line of this particular skirmish. Throughout the makeshift hospital zone there is a lot of dialogue. Snatches of conversation, acknowledgements of the MC, story elements (nothing I could glean, however) all fade in and out as you move through the area. A medic is attempting to resuscitate a wounded soldier, but is unsuccessful and logs the time of death. The amount of detail on screen, in this scene alone, with no combat taking place, is unbelievable. Remember on AotCR when you climb the ramps towards the Control Room doors? Remember those paltry few bits of debris that the Covenant used for cover? Well, if you're a player who wants to check every nook and clear out every corner, be prepared to spend an eternity poking around. There's a lot of stuff - buildings, debris, supply containers, architecture, etc. - for you to check out. ;-)

Past the first aid area, we come upon our troops being shelled pretty hard. We see a section of the building that we are in get destroyed, and run past the new hole to see an enormous Covenant mortar-type unit perched a few blocks away. Looking over the edge of the promenade, we see a few Grunts and Jackals getting into trouble down on the ground. The new and improved AR, with a handy-dandy scope, makes short work of these guys. Moving downstairs, we come across an injured soldier, leaning against a partially-destroyed wall. Adjacent to him is a stationary chain gun, much like the LAAG we remember from the warthog. The current interface is a bit different, however, with the camera moving to a third-person perpective just behind and over the right shoulder of the MC. Your head is a bit of an obstacle here, which definitely will make some battles a little more challenging. The transition was quite smooth and fluid, just as in Halo:CE. After taking out a mess o' Grunts n' Jackals, the MC relinquishes the chain gun. The wounded soldier however, has a present. He offers his gun, which allows the MC to fire two weapons at once. To be totally honest, I wasn't looking close enough to tell if they were two ARs or two SMGs, but they were both the same. At this point, the big Covenant mortar-type-thing that has been mercilessly shelling the building we started in is finally targeted by squad of Longswords, dropping bombs and completely annihilating it. A quick jaunt down the last set of stairs and a few more Covenant forces out of the way and we're off through the streets.

The street area is pretty big. Lots of debris piles, exploding (and explodeable) vehicles, and the requisite Covenant forces making a big mess of things. The number of enemies and Marines on-screen is astounding. At one point I figured there were at least 15-20 different Covenant, a handful of Marines, and a whole mess of explosions, projectiles, and moving vehicles, all vying for rendering time. If there was any lag, I certainly didn't see it. Anyway, the MC shortly gets into the gunner's seat of a Warthog, only to find that someone removed the LAAG when we weren't looking. I suppose that's what he gets for parking it in such a crappy part of town. However, all is not lost, as whoever did it has graciously installed something better! Another moment of honesty here, I don't know what the thing was. ;-/ It fired a plasma-like bolt that exploded much like a rocket. So hopefully Someone Who Knows will step in here and tell what it was. Anyway, it blew stuff up real good, so our boy drove around and did that for a while.

Allow me to point out here that the streets look like the perfect place to go racing. A multiplayer level like this, Ghosts and Warthogs, and no weapons, just hijacking vehicles endlessly. Gawd, that would rock. :-)

Rounding a street corner, we get our first glimpse of the Brutes. They were pretty dark, but quite large and evidently strong. The MC got out of the Warthog to dispatch them, but a bunch of shots to the body didn't do anything, and a punch in the chest didn't either. Luckily, a well-placed grenade under a vehicle caused enough of an explosion to eliminate that particular threat, so the situation ended happily.

Then something miraculous happened. A couple of Ghosts were coming down the road towards us, and things looked pretty grim for the MC, when he jumped up onto the wing, and with one hand hanging on to the cowl, pushed the Covenant driver out and took his place! Man, that was incredible. I could watch that part over and over.

Now, using the newly-acquired Ghost, the Chief cruised the city streets, messing up the Covenant whenever and wherever he could. By the way, a new Covenant dropship, the Phantom, is a wicked-cool looking thing, and it makes a satisfying WHOOMPH when it explodes, falls to the ground, and rolls down the street. :-)

After a bit of hovering about and shooting things, the live demo portion ends and a cutscene takes place. The MC heads off, trying to lure the Covenant forces away. Many of them take the bait, and soon there is quite a large group of Ghosts and Phantoms following him down a kind of highway. There is a large door-type barrier, however, that is being closed, and the MC has to lean out of his Ghost in order to clear the gap. The cowl is ripped off of the Ghost, and the MC falls to the road. The barrier closes, however, and we are treated to a close-up of an Elite's reaction as he plows into the resulting wall.

The MC stands, ready for action, and looks around. Something strange happens. The sky is filled with falling objects. Are the Covenant bombarding Earth from orbit? Is it relief squad of Helljumpers? It seems like maybe, as the things land and open, much like the ODST pods described in Halo: The Flood. However, they're not the Helljumpers they're black Elites. A whole LOT of black Elites, surrounding the MC. Not only that, but they all have the same weapon: an energy sword. The final shot is of the MC, who reaches back with his right hand and exchanges his gun for a plasma grenade. He then charges toward the camera as the scene fades to black.

This game is going to eat your soul.

Posted by mnemesis at May 13, 2003 2:24 AM
Comments

The link on the front page doesn't seem to work:

Not Found
The requested URL /mtarchives/000268.html was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at bs.bungie.org Port 80

Posted by: Narcogen on May 14, 2003 2:51 AM

Nevermind, seems to work now :)

Posted by: Narcogen on May 14, 2003 3:12 AM

Hrm. I actually didn't think I had published this article, since the exact same thing was in my post to the HBO forum. Ah, well. The demo was worth another mention. :-)

Posted by: mnemesis on May 14, 2003 3:26 AM

oooooooh ahhhhh must find full demo movie!

*Kicks self in the head for not bieng able to goto E3* DAmnit damnit damnit!!

Posted by: SONAVA MASTER CHIEF on May 16, 2003 1:06 PM

We want a playable demo of both Halo and Halo2 on Computer and on XBOX.

Posted by: DragonLord on May 25, 2003 8:30 AM

hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: spitwater on May 29, 2003 4:07 AM

i heard about the brutes and some ppl said they looked like gorillas with armor

Posted by: Ian on June 3, 2003 4:48 PM

some one offerd me halo 2 demo (bungie)E3 show,for e100,- .the one is stolen/copy from that show , x box only .....
some one whants to make every body mad....

check for me iff more people had that offer!!!

His name is: HALOGOST

thanks for your time...

ace 2

Posted by: ace 2 on June 6, 2003 6:27 AM

this game is taken to long to come out and plus if it is taken this long u need to come out with a playable demo

Posted by: justin patterson on June 8, 2003 4:00 AM

I hope that there will be melee weapons! tat wold be great.

Posted by: ed on June 9, 2003 8:25 PM

Will the AR and other weapons from the old halo be in halo 2? I did'nt see any in the demo, and why would we use the pistol or AR if we have the battle rilfe or smgs.

Posted by: Andrew on June 10, 2003 12:34 AM

Will a playable demo come out for Halo 2 BEFORE the game is released in August,2003.

Posted by: -Slayer- on June 12, 2003 4:13 PM

I crap my pants and love on rhinoceros

Posted by: Neal on June 14, 2003 7:57 PM

I've seen the full demo movie too! it freakin rocks! I especially like how when you enter, you can hear and see the medics operating on wonded soldiers. The part where the brute jumps on the hog and ripps the people off was totelly unexpected. And the elites have an outstanding new look. G2G!

Posted by: Keelay on June 15, 2003 7:41 PM

yes you will have all of the same weopons, and vehicals that you had in halo 1 plus some.

Posted by: Keelay on June 15, 2003 7:44 PM

is it true for halo 2 on x-box that the controls are going to be different becasue u can use two guns at a time?

Posted by: Spike Spiegel on June 16, 2003 7:28 PM

Why do the marines have blue blood?

Posted by: SportsMan280 on June 17, 2003 3:25 PM

never mind, it was my playist

Posted by: SportsMan280 on June 17, 2003 9:33 PM

god the demo was awesome.....i think i .i cant wait for the demo and i really gotta get a WORKING box.it doesnt get better than this and i think its posssible that the AR might have an automatic and sniper mode.i think it went auto when he got the second gun but im jus guessing here.cant wait

Posted by: Derek on June 17, 2003 11:12 PM

HALO 2 ROCKS!!! It only sucks that its not coming out till early 2004!!! Man wish they would just decide on a date for it!!!! A word of advice reserve your copy as soon as the stores let you!!! There gonna fly off the shelves!

Posted by: Tyler on June 17, 2003 11:56 PM

The controls for Halo 2 won't change much with 2 guns. It will simply have the L trigger control the second gun instead of gernades. Yes that's right, no nades with 2 guns :( But seriously, did u think they could add in another arm or something?

Also, does anyone know if you will be able to control the Phantom featured in the demo. I have heard rumor of a controllable Covenant Shadow that is a 3 seater, but i think that may be a totally different vehicle.

Posted by: Kurka on June 18, 2003 6:58 PM

Halo 2 rocks but online can u still rip people out the wart and the ghost and are there still human tanks

Posted by: onald on June 21, 2003 8:09 PM

damn i hope they don't take out the sniper pistol. thats my favorite freakin weapon, especially in multiplayer.

Posted by: halomanic on June 30, 2003 12:55 PM

I WANT THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD,I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR DA GAME TO COME OUT(HOW DO YOU THROW GRENADES IN THIS ONE)ANYWAY CAN'T WAIT

SEEYAH!!!!!!!!!!
A Little Man Production

Posted by: James on July 4, 2003 3:45 AM

yo halo 2 is gonna be phat. Are the aliens gonna look diffrent. What new guns are there gonna be. I cant wait till it comes out, thanks.

Posted by: Tanvir on July 8, 2003 2:54 PM

where on earht can I find that new movie of HALO 2....... I just can't find it.....

Posted by: chaos on July 15, 2003 3:11 PM

fregr

Posted by: adam on July 17, 2003 11:32 AM

i need to find full halo 2 demo from e3. PLEASESSSSSS PLESE PLEASE post a link to show they movie compatible for quick time or media player. PLEASE. thanx if u do if u dont u suck cause i really nedd to see it .

Posted by: halomc2 on July 17, 2003 10:11 PM

do u guys ever answer back

Posted by: a halo guy on July 17, 2003 10:12 PM

where do you see this movie if you want to tell me email me at drunkmax@imtoosexy.com or if you have some news about halo2 email me to

Posted by: max on July 21, 2003 12:53 PM

He doesnt lean out of the ghost,. he bails out, he carries 2 smg's at one, or any one-haned weapong ie:plasma pistol/plasma rifle/smg/pistol... also,you forgot to state that marines can drive, and...its a guass rifle on the back of the hgo :-) jus' letin ya know!

Posted by: Anthony on July 26, 2003 10:28 PM

Hi

does anyone know the new wepons that halo 2 has?
if you do email me at shahrouzb@hotmail.com

thanks

Posted by: Master_Chief on August 1, 2003 9:31 PM

MC doesn't jump out of the hog to deal with the brute. The brute lands on the bonnet of the hog from the phantom and MC is forced out when the brute rips the driver and passenger out of the warthog. Apart from that, damn fine job. Does anyone know if you will be able to do the kicking people out of vehicles on other stuff like if a banshee is flying really low, can you do the same thing? That would make Halo 2 rock even more than I think it's going to!

Posted by: Wolfie on August 6, 2003 4:37 PM

If anyone is still looking for a demo they could get it from game-revolution under downloads then goodies. I've beaten every level on halo in every dificulty but i didnt of course use the coop but i hoope you could have more on coop i dont think so but that would be cool. I CANT WIAT TILL IT COMS OUT. if you truly love the game the you should read the books; HAlo:the fall of REACH, and HALO: the FLOOD. they are good books.

Where is the DEMO?

Posted by: vipsx on August 8, 2003 5:17 PM

just go to WWW.GAMETRAILERS.COM for all pc/xbox/gc/ps2 trailers, new and old ones, :)

Posted by: matt on August 10, 2003 9:56 PM

yo, i benn surching the web for demos on halo and halo 2 but cant find SH**. if anyone knows of any emaill me back

illadan21@aol.com

Posted by: will on August 14, 2003 11:28 AM

The games going to ****ing rule!!!!!

Posted by: blibleblubber on August 17, 2003 12:36 AM

were is the link??????????to load the demo>????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted by: yerigiur on August 17, 2003 1:27 PM

here is a site to see the E3 demo http://www.game-revolution.com/download/goodies/goodies.htm

Posted by: vipsx on August 18, 2003 1:13 AM

when will there be a playable demo for Halo 2?

Posted by: Silent 47 on August 25, 2003 1:20 PM

great.

Posted by: boob on August 25, 2003 1:42 PM

yo man HALO 2 iz gonna b da shit like HALO does ne 1 wanna kno how itz gonna b like e-mail me i kno a lot about it i have da demo?????!!!! e-mail me @

redstar_21st@yahoo.com

Posted by: omar on August 29, 2003 5:21 PM

WHERE DO I GET THE HALO 2 DEMO ~~~~!!!!!

Posted by: i need to get halo 2 demo on September 7, 2003 2:35 PM

Hey. are they going to be reeleasing a computer version of halo 2 around the same time as the xbox one, or even at all? email me if you know mr_shifty40@hotmail.com

Posted by: zeebas on September 13, 2003 11:22 PM

WHERE THE FU** DO I GET HALO 2 DEMOOOOOO!?!?!?

Posted by: Angelus on September 24, 2003 9:35 AM

Is halo 2 going to be on xbox live or will you have to do that gay system link thing with xb connect or gamespy?

Posted by: andrew on September 27, 2003 6:33 PM

this sux

Posted by: ur mom on September 28, 2003 6:16 PM

if you want to see halo 2 go to msxbox-world.com has all videos for all games

Posted by: john on September 30, 2003 1:56 PM

Hi, if u want to know where to get the demo im your man u get it at Gamespot but u hav to make an adress there if u want download it. Best regards Jason

Posted by: Jason on October 2, 2003 5:41 AM

My friends say you are going to be able to pick up the covenants lightning sword,is this true or just another lie?? Email me back please! Thank you for your time!

Posted by: Andrew on October 6, 2003 7:08 PM

Umm. I read this and there are is a major mistake! Bungie confirms that the "marines" you saw were ODST's!

Posted by: James B. on October 10, 2003 2:00 PM

So far i think that Halo 2 is coming out to be a great game. Can't wait for it to come out!!!

Posted by: Jimmy G on October 11, 2003 3:52 PM

Posted by: ktwq on October 18, 2003 9:39 AM

will we be able to fly the pelican in multiplayer. if we can that will be the ultimate vehicle

Posted by: MCsnipe on October 19, 2003 8:24 PM

I haven't seen the halo2 demo,but i have the 1st halo for xbox and it freakin awsome!!! I hope i can get a copy of the second one.STEWEY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!

Posted by: jeff on October 29, 2003 12:47 PM

the thing on the back of the warthog was a rocketlauncher, he had 2 smgs, and the brutes are like hairy, big eliets, and u can do combo melee attacks. o yeh, the marines do stuff for once, not just die

Posted by: stevo on November 2, 2003 1:19 PM

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO GET THE HALO 2 DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Scott on November 6, 2003 6:47 PM

Halo 2 is the best FPS in the world Halo rocks!!!!! need demo now...........getting weak

Posted by: Wevm on November 6, 2003 8:24 PM

Halo rocks need the demo and game for Xbox live because its so freakin' amazing and a million times better than any other first person shooter..........(Except it's tied with Soldier of Fortune II Double Helix for Xbox Live. I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST PLAY HALO 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Juke on November 6, 2003 8:27 PM

HALO 2 ALL THE WAY, I CANT WAIT...IM GOING TO CRYO SLEEP FOR ANOTHER6 MONTHS!!!!

Posted by: LEX on November 8, 2003 12:22 PM

have u seen demo movie it 9:00 min. long and really really really really cool

Posted by: i love halo2 on November 9, 2003 12:32 PM

Halo 2 is going to rock. When is the halo 2 demo going to come out

Posted by: Cameron on November 9, 2003 10:27 PM

i am hoping that like the first one halo 2 is going to be an interactive game master piece i thank the creature of these games for giving me something intelectually grabing and entertaining and for giving me hope to look forward to a sequel

Posted by: shane odell on November 10, 2003 1:00 AM

if any1 needs to join a halo or halo 2 clan email me at sw_timber_wolf@hotmail.com

Posted by: Wolf on November 12, 2003 3:01 PM

Sereously Can you fly the pelican ?

Posted by: Bill on November 12, 2003 5:28 PM

AHHHH i cant wait till it does come out it is going to be so freakin awsome. If u know how to get the demo someone plz tell me im dying of suspence. WEll see ya fellow halo fanz laterz.

Posted by: CANT WAIT LONGER on November 13, 2003 4:09 PM

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL HALO 2 COMES OUT EITHER I JUST CAN'T TAKE THE SUBSPENCE EITER.

Posted by: john on November 14, 2003 3:51 PM

Hey, I heard that they reposted the date to release it again. So now they might not release it in march but even later. I am sick and tired of the always delaying the release date. I for one want HALO 2 now not in another year so they can put just a little more detail in it. If they delay it again it's going to be hell for the halo fanz. See ya guys laterz.

Posted by: CANT WAIT LONGER on November 17, 2003 4:39 PM

Does anyone know the new controls (actual buttons) for all of the new abilities? Like all melee combos, sprinting, 2nd gun, peeking, jumping onto ghost, etc. Or some Halo 2 multiplayer levels and game modes? -Thx

By the way, the new mounted gun in the warthog was probably a mounted version of the hunters' guns from Halo:CE (warthog in the article). Also I have a wallpaper from Bungie that shows MC firing something that looks like an actual Hunter's gun!
Any additional info would be great.

Posted by: Halo Master on November 18, 2003 5:28 PM

well its comin out in january u could just check bungie.coms website n I CANT WAIT I WANT IT TO BE TOMMOROW

Posted by: elven6 on November 18, 2003 7:15 PM

lol, all yall people sweating over this game so bad...guys chill, let them spend as much time on the game as they can, the longer they have to work on it the better it will be...Think about it! Yes I admit i wish it was already out too. But let them put as much time in it as they need. but it will be one bad A$$ game though!! laterz!

Posted by: Rabbit on November 20, 2003 10:50 AM

the demo looks fun but i want to play the real thing.What i want to know about the most is what guns do they have.I am propably the biggest fan of Halo.thats all i wanted to say by!

Posted by: Jessie on November 20, 2003 6:04 PM

does anyone know where i can get the Halo 2 Demo.i am so sick and tired of looking for it.

Posted by: Jessie on November 20, 2003 6:29 PM

lol theres not gonna be a demo oh and evrey one whos thristy for information of halo2 go to www.bungie.net and then go to truth and reconcilliation.it will have photos and reviews video and stuff.have a fun time!!!!
p.s.first im ruuning out of space to hide the bodies to put for the people said that halo sucks and halo is fuuner because of those cool grunts

Posted by: a cool grunt on November 24, 2003 5:27 PM

but if u mean a video then u can go to the website that i said but no PLAYABLE demos.sob........

Posted by: a cool grunt on November 24, 2003 5:28 PM

NEED....HALO.....2222222222222222

Posted by: david on November 25, 2003 5:59 PM

i hope ther is human type banshee in halo 2 with plasma guns changed with 2 3-barreled mach. guns(like wat on warthog) and fuel rod cannons(hunter guns) changed with rckt launchrs
magine doin strafing run on those cov a-holes with that!

Posted by: david on November 25, 2003 6:03 PM

Wow i love listening to you people that are soooo exited about gettin the game. Well as a matter of fact my father works on the bungie team. I already have this game and it is the coolest thing I have ever seen

Posted by: Jtmoney on December 3, 2003 3:18 PM

WEll man if your dad works at for bungie why dont you SHARE THE WEALTH BOY. Has you can see we are dying so if u could spare some copies i think we would all be willing to pay big for them.

Posted by: CANT WAIT LONGER on December 4, 2003 7:43 PM

I watched a video clip and can't wait! love the first 1 the second is gonna kik ass

Posted by: andrew on December 16, 2003 7:55 PM

aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WATE MUCH LONGER NEED HALO 2!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO KIK ALL YOUR ASSES ON XBOX LIVE!!!!!! LOOK 4 ME RWINGER09 SO I CAN BEAT U! LOL

Posted by: ANDREW AGAIN on December 16, 2003 7:59 PM

I want see halo2 demo movie.Please.....
sou um brasileiro fã de halo e quero todas as informações possiveis sobre halo2 por favor estou desesperado!!!!!!!

Posted by: brazillians on December 17, 2003 8:18 PM

i cant wait to get halo two comes out which is april 1,2004 with more weapons and artillary to play around with this game is going to kick ass

Posted by: spencer on January 9, 2004 9:46 PM

Isn't Halo2 comin out in March3rd???? Thats what i found

Posted by: Bulgdoom on January 11, 2004 7:14 PM

I should know better and not lend credence to anything said here, but I'd like to appeal to all of you to take anything you hear with a grain of salt. The game will be out ONLY when Bungie announces officially when it will be out. Anything other than that is total and utter bullshit.

The ONLY source for official Halo 2 information is from Bungie's own site, at www.bungie.net

- M

Posted by: Miguel on January 11, 2004 11:57 PM

CANT WAIT TO GET IT ON!!!

Posted by: Shawn on January 12, 2004 8:16 AM

Can u drive alien stuff like the rathe tank? And are there any new covennent? can u pilot any human aircraft?

Posted by: George on January 12, 2004 8:10 PM

when is the official launch date of halo 2?I NEED TO KNOW!

Posted by: George on January 12, 2004 8:12 PM

first of all, even if your dad does work on bungie, and u do got a copy, then it's an incomplete and shitty version. second of all, there is no confirmed date for when it comes out; it's somewhere between aplril 1st and march 23.

Posted by: Barth on January 19, 2004 8:09 PM

GOD I KANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT there makin us wait to long but i do agree with the other guy that said the longer u wait the better it will be and i don agree with any of u on what gun that warthog was on the demo video looked more like a semi automatic machine gun of sum sort with exploding bullets

Posted by: conquer2090 on January 22, 2004 9:10 PM

halo 2 is gonna be AWESOME!!!! gweeeeeeee! chikkle! nakko? nakko takko? nakko takko shnakko? r u too koo for shkoo?

Posted by: Fuzzy_Bunny... with a shot gun on January 26, 2004 8:04 PM

Does any one know when halo 2 is coming out i want to get it as soon as possible and what Fucking STORE!!!!!!!!! plz Tell me NOW!!!!!

Posted by: N/A on January 29, 2004 10:35 AM

You might not know this yet but at www.bungie.com it says halo 2 will be comming out in fall of 2004. get ready for some more waiting. (i dont know if the preorders will change to fall 2004 or stay at april 1st

Posted by: Spartan 117 on February 2, 2004 3:33 PM

Hey it's me Jessie again, i was just wundering when the game comes out i can't wait no longer!

Posted by: MS on February 3, 2004 8:54 PM

It completely blew my mind away when i seen it. and by the way at the end when it shows a so called elite slamming into the closing doors that alow entry to the highway, it was a brute yelling in furry at what he was about to drive into

Posted by: Dan on February 5, 2004 10:57 PM

I heard Halo 2 was coming out around late fall. but i'm not sure

Posted by: Dan on February 5, 2004 11:00 PM

Some body plz tell me if we're gonna be able 2 pilot human vehicles or dropships or something cuz that would be kick ass. if u have any info plz email me at ijm122@hotmail.com

Posted by: ian on February 6, 2004 2:07 PM

i can not wait until its released i got a good deal but it dosent come till x-max 2004 it looks better than the 1st one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: alex on February 22, 2004 2:58 PM

WHERE DO I GET THE DEMO?!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DRew Blai on February 26, 2004 1:13 PM

cool

Posted by: rtse on February 26, 2004 4:21 PM

It is taken to long you need to make it to where we can know more about it. Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chris pierce on March 2, 2004 9:10 PM

I herd it is a lot cooler than the other one is it true. it would be cool to get your men by you caling them and they would give you men but not to many we would kill all them basterds like hell.Don't u agree.
If you agree tell me ay jodu31@hotmail

Posted by: kane on March 2, 2004 9:21 PM

its cooler than cool HA Ha Ha man o man come on bring the game to me and to all those that won't it do yall agree.

Posted by: jake on March 2, 2004 9:30 PM

i hope halo 2 comes. out soon. it looks 20 times better than the 1st one. and the x-box live one player is sweet.

Posted by: grunt on March 3, 2004 6:47 PM

I wonder if there is going to be a halo3 well the longer you wate the better it is going to be......

Posted by: stude on March 3, 2004 8:51 PM

what do you thank what will happen in halo2 is it going to kick Ass or just Kick ass.
i do hope that you can get your men from air and be able to drive a lot new stuff on halo2 ibet they will make a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$
well they shuld it is the best game on earth well that i ever plaed i have seen the new model of the warhog it is sweat and i don't lie it kicks ass.I know that you love it and so do i.
i have seen a new thing... but i dont know what they call it all i know is that you can drive it and it shore as hell lokes like a dame UFO but not qiet it is round and it can fly very fast and
you can see the bad boys get blod into peaces they go every were.And i shore do hope that you can get to tell your men to stay,go ahead or follow you.

Posted by: tifo young on March 3, 2004 9:16 PM

its me agin it lokes like this game is going to be very cool. i relly hate that we have to wait alot longer they, said it was going to come out on chrismas but i must of herd wrong but thats okay i got time i ges so what ever right below what you think about waiting so log for this game,and tell me if you think it whould be cool to be able to call in as many men as you want i think it would be wiked i hope you get men when you are playing aginst your BUD i wish you could get this many men 100

Posted by: chris pierce on March 4, 2004 8:51 PM

this game is looks very cool.

Posted by: epick on March 5, 2004 11:22 AM

U dumbas## Halo2 doesnt cum out til Sept.
Why the fu## did u think it wus gonna com out now
the onley reasons they keep holding it back is becus they ther makin it frikin' better
I hope u guys nowe u can buy it off the internet
but I wouldnt trust it though if it cums out better then it is when u bought your gunna B SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Bryan on March 7, 2004 1:50 AM

just kidding man but your rong it dont come out in sept.It comes out in...........sorry man cant tell you.

Posted by: its me again on March 10, 2004 9:11 PM

Guess what? Those marines that you thought were normal marines in Mjolner armor?THEY ARE SPARTANS!!! READ THE BOOKS ON HALO!! ABOUT FIVE OF THE SPARTANS SURVIVED, AND ONE OF THEM IS CURRENTLY IN SPACE SOMEWHERE WITH DR. WHATTS HER FACE!!, OH yeah, cortana is also going slightly insane, and one of the spartons names was LInda, their best sniper.

Posted by: ThomThom on March 13, 2004 11:26 AM

Could you somehow send some pics of halo2 to my e-mail? I am a big halo fan! I need to see some photos of the game and when does it come out for Xbox? Please send to the listed e-mail!

thanks!

Posted by: Pine Head on March 15, 2004 9:53 AM

thanks!

Posted by: Pine Head on March 15, 2004 9:53 AM

OK, Bungie has OFFICIALLY said that Halo 2 is to come out in the 3rd quarter of 2004, yes, thats right... september 2004. This is the first OFFICIAL announcment of a realese.

Posted by: Ben on March 16, 2004 10:32 PM

Please send me pictures and any other information regarding Halo 2 I am a big fan of Halo. I just had a huge Halo party of 16 of the best people and I beat them all. Please send me a demo or something, I can't wait till Halo 2 comes out. If it is possible, since I am a beta tester, if I can test Halo 2 for you please?

Posted by: Max on March 17, 2004 3:54 PM

I just recently beat the first one for the pc, (i dont have an xbox) and it was the best sci fi game ever, and when my buddy showed me the demo on an xbox demo disk, i shit my pants, but when i beat it for the pc, and i saw that it set an opening for halo 2, i then pissed my pants, cried, and then played the maw all over again, i have madly fallen in love with this game, but please..please...someone(maybe an angel) tell me its coming out for the pc, cause i cant afford a shitbox right now.....so someone tell me please, and be honest as possible.

Posted by: Maj. Asshole on March 19, 2004 6:39 AM

Jhon: Knock Knock

Billy: Whose There

Jhon: Boo

Billy: Boo Who

Jhon: Aw Don't Cry It's Just A Joke

Posted by: Megan Ho on April 14, 2004 9:49 PM

Halo 2 is going to have the best graphics and three new maps waterworks(succsesor of blood gulch) lockout and burial mounds. There will be ATV's "or Quads and 4 team colors red blue green and gold. The left trigger when on the banshee or ghost makes you move faster. I know many more things just email me at darnalll@aol.com

Posted by: zero on May 11, 2004 12:26 AM

anybody visit this site?

Posted by: zero on May 11, 2004 8:01 PM

hello im hello weard ahh nice site anyways

Posted by: hello on May 18, 2004 4:10 PM

halo 2 is gonna be sweet no matter howlong u wait--waiting for nothing, really, they already finised it--

Posted by: josh on June 26, 2004 2:45 PM

I've heard from my contacts, that Halo 2 for the pc will be april/may 2005, at the same time Halo 3 will be released, the reason that nobody knew it was that microsoft wanted to be a suprise, my contact heard this info from microsoft's helpdesk. But i can't ensure that somebody lied. At least I didn't that I heard this.

Posted by: Floodhunter on July 13, 2004 5:07 AM

halo 2 is a good game

Posted by: mikey on July 22, 2004 7:20 PM

Het,
I dont know if someone said this already cuz im too lazy to check, but if u want to play the demo (which is just a movie by the way) u gotta get QuickTime. WHERE DO I GET THAT!!! http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ Theres you goes.
Sincerely,
The Master

Posted by: Mik3al on July 25, 2004 10:13 PM

THATS RIGHT HET! GOT A PROBLEM! TALK IT OUT WITH MY FIIISTS!!! LoL
sincerely,
The MASTER OF SPELLIIIIINNNNGGG!!'

Posted by: Mik3al on July 25, 2004 10:15 PM

is halo 2 on pc????

Posted by: lance on August 25, 2004 9:12 PM

halo 2 is to great for words

Posted by: android on August 30, 2004 6:26 PM

halo 2 will be released on november 9 2004 if anyone wants info on the game email me peace

Posted by: kevin on October 4, 2004 4:54 AM

if anyone plans on walkng into the store on november 9 and picking up a copy think wrong if you dont reserve halo 2 you will have to wait at least a month bfore there are any in stock

need any info on halo 2 like i said before email me ill be happy to provide any info you want

VOTE OR DIE peace

Posted by: kevin on October 4, 2004 5:00 AM

No halo wil not be on pc right way u will have to wait a while untill the xbox version is aready out

Posted by: kevin on October 4, 2004 5:02 AM

plz plz plz plz plz give our clan a chance we would LOVE new members to our "legendary" clan and its easy to join just look at our site plz plz plz we only got one member so look at "www.freewebs.com/raverunner" and plz join. there is only one requirment ......you have to have beaten halo "the maw" on legendary cause we need people with experience and not some random guy who likes it

Posted by: chi3f on October 11, 2004 7:19 PM

Posted by: chi3f on October 11, 2004 7:25 PM

i cant wait to c the new guns we aregoing to have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i get it i am going to beat it the first night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: babii gurl on October 28, 2004 4:17 PM

man halo 2 rocks!! but i just want to know what those buglike things i saw on the internet are they look weird to me????????
i cant wait!!!
ALL U PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO CANT WAIT TO SEE THE GAME W/B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: army of 1 on October 28, 2004 4:22 PM

The bug things could either be prophets or brutes or the engeniers but actually i dont think that those will be in the game, that is the last ones i mentioned so i think you may be reffering to the prophets. But i was wondering is anyone aware of the weight of the mjolner armor. Oh and Halo Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya all in the top of the rankings on x box live. look for me i am Mecenary Slick.

Posted by: Slick 1 on November 1, 2004 4:28 AM

FUCK YEAH !!! Halo 2 is gona be awsome!!!!!!

Posted by: Heib1 on November 3, 2004 6:19 PM

demo for hoalo 2

Posted by: gus on November 9, 2004 7:09 PM

hope it's fun

Posted by: steven pederson on November 19, 2004 11:21 AM

i have and beet halo 2 now waiten for halo 3

Posted by: dk on January 26, 2005 1:05 PM

halo 2 is the bomb yo. this shit is the best. if you have not played the game or demo your so freakin gay. the arbiter is awseome with the whole active comflauge thing.they should make a halo 3. you should be able to pick up over sheild andmore covenents to. don't forget to put on some tight ass guns,for real homie.

Posted by: alex on January 31, 2005 1:45 PM

Posted by: chris on January 31, 2005 1:47 PM

where can i get halo 2 demo from

Posted by: halo 2 rule's on February 1, 2005 2:00 PM

One thing i hate aboat halo2 is it not a long story part.It only has something like ten levels.

Posted by: halo 2 rules's on February 12, 2005 4:49 AM

Posted by: halo 2 rules's on February 12, 2005 4:49 AM

I need to know. Is there a way I can play the halo 2 demo. Because it would be more fun to play it than to watch someone else play it or just watch a video recording. Just wondering if there is a Halo 2 demo that playable to other people.

Posted by: Garron Helms on June 12, 2005 10:32 PM

will halo 3 be on xbox1 or xbox2

Posted by: draco on July 24, 2005 8:39 AM

HALO 2 IS GOING TO BE FUCKING GREAT!!!!!!

Posted by: ster on July 24, 2005 8:42 AM

halo is tight

Posted by: carlos on July 25, 2005 3:43 PM

hi my bro thinks that halo 1 is better than halo2 and will be better then halo3

Posted by: mathew on November 4, 2005 9:29 AM

why cant you guys let us have halo2 and 1 for free online ???????

Posted by: joe blow on December 17, 2005 9:18 PM

this wuz a loooong time ago, now Halo 3 is coming out!!

Posted by: Andrew on August 30, 2007 9:55 PM

how do u get the freaking halo 2 demo I CAN'T FIND IT I'VE BEEN LOOKIN FOR 3 DAYS STARIGHT that is all

Posted by: carlos on August 2, 2009 7:02 PM