April 29, 2003

Halo: The Flood a Bestseller

Halo: The FloodAccording to the Publisher's Weekly, Halo: The Flood makes its debut on the Mass Market Paperback Bestseller's List at position number 11! Note that this isn't just sci-fi and fantasy books, but every paperback book out there. Stay tuned to Bungie Sightings for more news on the sales figures as they come available... and if you haven't bought a copy, what are you waiting for? Do it.

Thanks to Brannon Boren for the tip-off. Brannon is about to leave Microsoft for his 100-day forced 'vacation' and we at BS hope he has a nice time off.

Posted by poenadare at April 29, 2003 1:09 PM
Comments

100 days?
Mine is only 60....damn him!
Mine starts 6/10

Posted by: CYBRFRK on April 29, 2003 1:17 PM

OK. Mine is not like his, mine is a Sabbatical, and I continue to get paid. Sorry Brannon -- no comparison.

Posted by: CYBRFRK on April 29, 2003 1:20 PM

Gee, do you think there'll be another Halo book at some point? I'd imagine that some heads are seriously spinning in the ol' Franchise Development Group right about now.

Posted by: mnemesis on April 29, 2003 1:28 PM

I bet a Halo 2 based book is being written right now....

Posted by: MereCatfish on April 29, 2003 2:25 PM

I read the first halo book, "The Fall of Reach", and it was really good, does anyone know if "the flood" is any better?

Posted by: L33T_MasterChief on April 29, 2003 2:38 PM

I thought TFoR was better that H:TF but it was still really good. Im extremely suprised that it's sales were so good. I thought only die-hard Halo fans would buy it.

Posted by: Lion on April 29, 2003 4:32 PM

This book is noticably written differently from The Fall of Reach due to the author, no big deal. It is great to learn more of the Covenant (there are Covenant characters!) and the marines. I can't wait until I finish it.

Posted by: Joe Moore on April 29, 2003 5:41 PM

Hey me again, I was also wondering if "The Flood" takes place before or after the storyline of the actual game halo.

Posted by: L33T_MasterChief on April 29, 2003 7:46 PM

It takes place *during* the events in the game. A BS review (at least, my review) is something I hope to post one of these days.

Posted by: Miguel on April 29, 2003 8:59 PM

I thought The Flood was terrible.. but i read The Fall of Reach maybe... 40 or so times?? The Flood wasnt that interesting to me. I hope the Halo 2 book has more UNSC forces bashing skulls and using their weaponry and vehicles to effect. Think about it. just like with Matrix sales, Halo made huge sales. And with Matrix Reloaded (although not that good) it will definately attract a whole lot of fans and consumers.. I know ive pre-ordered like 6 copies. i think it was six.. Oo ill find out in 04!

BTW if anyone has any information on that new Troop carrier, Shadow, or the Phantom dropship thing that the Covenant forces use in the E3 Demo of Halo 2, please tell me!! I cannot find anything on that thing. The Shadow yes.. that wierd troop carrier no. the Phantom, no..

Posted by: TW_TimberJon on May 23, 2003 8:38 PM

Where in Australia do you get your HALO books.

Posted by: Cameron on June 13, 2003 6:31 AM

I think Australlia is full of baby eating dingos. i also like halo.

Posted by: josh on June 20, 2003 10:45 PM

i got fall of reach and that book is class act !
i have just found out about this new 1 HALO: the flood
and i am getting it asap !
just hope its as good as fall of reach coz they are written by diffrent authors !

class cant wait!

Posted by: die grinder on July 11, 2003 8:41 PM

were do you get the flood?

Posted by: asdasd on July 27, 2003 4:58 PM

You can get all 3 books at Barnes&Noble that place has all hope they not sold out today i went and bought all 3 :D

Posted by: Jace on October 21, 2003 2:17 PM

this doesnt have anything to do with the subject i just want to get my opinion out about halo2....i think it was a damn failure and was a waste of my valuable time. (it would be better if i had xbox-live though hehe)

Posted by: erik on November 15, 2004 2:22 PM

JUST KIDDING EVERY1 i thought it was pretty good compared to the first 1 and the most awesome detail was double wielding weapons, although, yes, it would be better if i had xbox-live so i could skool every1 on how to play halo for real put over all it was pretty good.

ps: do the covenants look different to any1?

Posted by: erik a.k.a SPARTAN116 on November 15, 2004 2:26 PM

halo 2 the flood was the worst book i have ever read halo 2 the game sucked ass too

Posted by: Jace on January 26, 2005 6:10 PM

They have a new book comeing out called Halo The First Strike. Its based on Halo 2 The Game. I hear its pretty good

Posted by: {Warriors}Starfox on March 4, 2005 8:35 PM

I love Kelly

Posted by: reltobone00 on March 28, 2005 7:14 PM

I need a review for halo the flood for a book report for my english class so please send one quik i don't have a long time... only till may 13,2005 i would like may 1 or 2

Posted by: Master Shake on April 26, 2005 12:45 PM

Here's a better idea, why don't YOU review the book for your English class.

It's pretty arrogant looking to get free help and then saying you need it 'quik', you child.

Posted by: Miguel on April 26, 2005 7:12 PM

ok, i liked all 3 books, i enjoy the unfolding of the story very much so. Now after i've played Halo2 i don't know wether bungie will put a halo2 book in the works or if thats it for the story, to end in a game with no end??

Posted by: Ramoo on May 3, 2005 2:21 AM

ive read all the books out so far...... but in the Halo: The First Strike, Dr. Halsey takes Kelly and goes into slipspace for no known reason, thats gotta be a good reason to make another halo book doesn't it?

Posted by: martin_halo_lover on June 3, 2005 7:49 AM

fall of reach was prob da best 1, i do want another book 2 come out 4 halo 2 and after it

Posted by: Olly on June 6, 2005 2:00 PM

Is their going to be another book after Firts Strike?

Posted by: Colitas on June 19, 2005 2:03 AM

At the end of First Strike we are left with The Cheif, Will, Fred and Linda, in Halo2 these 3 spartans are nowhere to be found and arent even metioned!! If they are a squad why were they not regrouped and sent to MOMbass together????

I reckon Bungie may cash in and make a game base on Kelly's mission, or most likey Eric Nylund will write a book on what happens there.

But can anyone give an answer to the missing spartans in Halo2!!!!

Posted by: Rob on July 22, 2005 8:07 PM

I know there is another book becouse the book Frist Strike left it wide open. And I bet is based on the Halo 2.

Posted by: Billy Osteen on September 3, 2005 11:06 PM

Oh and there will be another book after the 4th becouse Halo 2 left it wide open with "Sir...Finishing this fight" then it blanks out. And after the credits Cortana is talking to the Gravemind. I know... I am a BIG fan I figured I out with my Dad.

Posted by: Billy on September 3, 2005 11:23 PM

About the missing Spartans. When you reach the Marine Command Center, Right before the Fight with the Scarab. The Marine in charge says that "When I asked for Reinforcements, I didn't think they'd send A Spartan". Note the A, its not a THE, or anything else. The A implies that the Marine Knows the MC is one of many Spartans. So having more spartans to fight along side you in Halo 3 is not only possible, but some what likely.

And the X-box 360 should have enough processing power to run some good AI for them too. And I hope it does come to them helping out, im a little tired of Marines alone.

Posted by: Alex 'Garg' P on December 1, 2005 9:52 PM

Not to burst anyone's bubble... But there have been several aspects of the games that go against the books... Including the whole 'multiple spartan' thing.

While there were, at one point, in the game's timeline, more than one spartan. In both Halo CE and Halo 2 there is only one... And the mention of the marine that say's "A Spartan" as opposed to "The Spartan" is that the marine knows that originally there were multiple Spartan II (when the Spartan II project went public as mentioned in the 1st Halo book). But he doesn't know about the heavy lose off Spartans at the REACH engagment. It makes sense that military intelligence, ONI, would keep that little detail in the dark since the loss of so many of thier 'super soldiers' would be a huge blow to military moral.

While I hope and would love if they added more spartan characters in the game... It just doesn't seem likely to happen and the defense that the marine said "A" instead of "The" is just not enough evidence of it to convince me otherwise.

Posted by: Cyn on January 31, 2006 2:34 PM