February 19, 2003

Myth Night for Brian

Myth Night on Marius.Net for a very good cause!This Thursday night on Marius.Net will be a special night of Myth gaming in memory of Brian Morden. Marius.Net will contribute dollars equal to the peak number of players that are online Thursday night to the Brian Morden Memorial Fund. For example, if the maximum number of people on Marius.Net hits 777 then they will donate $777.00.

Help us break Conner financially; once the Marius.Net donations fund is drained, Conner has promised that he would make up the difference out of his own pocket. If you aren't a Marius.Net member then you need to register tomorrow before 5 PM EST! If you are a member then you need to pull out either of your Myth CDs. If you don't own Myth:The Fallen Lords or Myth II:Soulblighter then get out of my sight; you disgust me.

Since Thursday nights on Marius.Net is usually Myth:TFL night, I'll be there playing TFL co-op. Plz dont make me cap!

Posted by poenadare at February 19, 2003 7:07 AM
Comments

just wanted to mention, MariusNet works for both TFL and SB, so use either. If you need an account, please have your request submitted by 5pm eastern on Thursday, I manually review and approve every one so it's not an automated system. I'll be out most of the evening Thursday, so this will be the latest I can approve any account for the night. I'll be on later (around Midnight eastern) and hope to see lots of people on.

Posted by: Conner on February 19, 2003 10:02 AM

oh and another thing, the money is coming from the MariusNet fund - which was donated by MariusNet users, well, until it is cleaned out anyway - then it comes from me. Just wanted to clarify that as well.

Posted by: Conner on February 19, 2003 10:09 AM

changing article...

Posted by: poena.dare #CP# on February 19, 2003 10:11 AM

Posted by: Ghôlsbane on February 19, 2003 10:33 AM

"Damn, I wish this was on Saturday. I can't connect to game servers from school :("

Well, many of us will be doing something online to coincide with Brian's memorial service - I hope to see you then.

Posted by: poena.dare #CP# on February 19, 2003 10:41 AM

Me too pd, I'm looking forward to the 0wning :)

Posted by: Ghôlsbane on February 19, 2003 10:50 AM

I helped with my online presence. I think the peak was 67?

Posted by: Djof on February 21, 2003 1:31 PM

ya, peak was 67, I rounded up a bit for those who wanted to make it but couldn't - better late with an update than not at all. It was good to see some old faces around

Posted by: Conner on March 5, 2003 3:49 PM

Thanks Conner! Yah, it was fun. I actually played some random games with folks I never met before. :)

Posted by: Miguel on March 6, 2003 6:53 AM