February 19, 2003

[b.Net] Doug Zartman: He's Everywhere!

Despite the fact that your kind benefactors here at Bungie Sightings were dealt a crushing slight by Mr. Zartman, if that is his real name, you may find something of interest in this interview with The Voice of Bob.

[I'm glad I'm not alone noticing the sneer in his squeaky voice when he condescendingly referred to our fine publication. Well, I'll just cross his name off the interview list. Actually, the fact this interview even exists shows our presence is affecting Soell and Co. They've already stooped to imitating us! -pd]

Doug Zartman

Doug Zartman Status: Former Bungie
Hiredate: May 1994
Last Sighted: 02/18/2003
Doing: Halo toys.

Started as tech support and migrated to public relations. Damage and spin, voice of Bob, Marathon. Scenario design, damage and spin, voice of Bob, Marathon 2: Durandal. Coined the term "Frog Blast the Vent Core!" Damage and spin, voice of Bob, network maps, Marathon Infinity. Story, documentation, damage and spin, Myth: The Fallen Lords. Documentation, damage and spin, Myth II: Soulblighter. Voice of ne'Ric and fir'Bolg #1, Chimera. Additional voices, Oni. Now working for Microsoft's Franchise Development Group and is still in close contact with Bungie. Used to have a band named Spiney Norman, now has a band named Doug and the Rockers.

Articles:
Doug Zartman: He's Everywhere! (T&R)
Oni Interview (Games Domain)
Q&A with Doug Zartman (Inside Mac Games)
Q&A with Bungie's Doug Zartman (Blue's News)
Myth II: The Interview (IGN)
Comin' Outta The Booth On Computer Game Violence (BNet)
Myth: The Fallen Lord's Doug Zartman of Bungie Interview (The Computer Show)

Posted by mnemesis at February 19, 2003 2:07 AM
Comments

"If this book sounds familiar to anyone, please email info to webmaster@bungie.com."

"I can neither confirm nor deny reports that a band called Doug and the Rockers is rocktastic, rockalicious and chock full of Douggy goodness. I can confirm that I was once fortunate enough to sit in on a session of the Webmaster's Jug Band - now there's a band. If they weren't so secretive, they'd be the talk of the upcoming Lollapalooza."

Hmmm...

Posted by: Ghôlsbane on February 19, 2003 11:50 AM

Actually, from my perspective, we have now 2 sites that conduct interviews with a nice sense of story and flourish. Refer back to Matt's interview with Jen Taylor, etc. I don't think either site can be said to imitate the other. You are both just great interviewers.

Frankly I don't care anyway, as it just means more goodies for all us Bungie fans to munch on.

And as for Doug and the band thing... this must explain the proliferation of nipple rings he wears with pride.

Posted by: Miguel on February 19, 2003 1:02 PM

Actually, I was referring to this comment:

"Brannon Boren, as you may read on another site, has also contributed greatly to the universe."

Fine, fine. We're just "another site", are we, Mr. Fancy-Nipple-Ring Zartman and Mr. "Soft Interview" Soell?

Someday you will PAY, my friends, someday you will pay...

Posted by: mnemesis on February 19, 2003 1:13 PM

B.org seems to be getting an "other site" reputation. a few Subnovans jokingly refer to HBO as "that other site". And now this?

Posted by: Ghôlsbane on February 19, 2003 2:22 PM

Oh and Mig, I was more pointing Doug's consummate references to the Webmaster rather than his band in and of itself.

Posted by: Ghôlsbane on February 19, 2003 2:23 PM

Yea, wonder what the webmaster would say receiving information on a child book. Do you think he'd feel insulted? ;)

Posted by: Djof on February 19, 2003 5:55 PM